JOHNLEONARD is seeking a full-time Academic Program Services Manager to prepare students ages 16-24 to pass the High School Equivalency Test (HiSET) in an engaging way that promotes a path towards a career and higher education. Must have a student-centered, relationship-based approach when it comes to instruction and learning. This position offers a salary of $60K-$65K and excellent benefits.
As an Academic Program Services Manager, you will directly manage the program’s Academic Component, which includes supervising one other teacher.
In this Academic Program Services Manager role, you can expect to:
- Teaches HiSET subject classes to an average class size of 8 on a weekly basis
- Develops students’ comprehension, analysis, and critical thinking skills
- Creates lessons that are flexible and able to change based on student attendance/needs
- Adapts and differentiates material and pedagogy to meet student needs
- Integrates curriculum with other program components such as life skills, career readiness, construction training, etc.
- Aligns student goals with academic and HiSET subject content
- Connects classroom material with real life experiences
- Creates and maintains an inclusive learning environment where all feel welcome
To apply for this Academic Program Services Manager role, you will need a passion for working with youth, a mission-driven mentality, a good sense of humor, an understanding of HiSET, and proven success in teaching HiSET requirements. You will also require the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work/lived experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a related field
- Familiarity with alternative education, project-based learning, and state-wide tests in the subject area
- Proven record of high-quality educational outcomes for youth.
To apply for this full-time Academic Program Services Manager job, please contact JOHNLEONARD today. Please refer any friends or colleagues for this role or direct them to our Careers page on our website.
Founded in 1969, JOHNLEONARD, a woman-owned business, is the premier staffing choice in Boston and beyond. We provide Temporary/Contract, Direct Hire, Temp-to-Hire, and Payroll services as part of our comprehensive service offerings. JOHNLEONARD is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. All applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.