JOHNLEONARD is looking for a dedicated and collaborative Grants Specialist to join our client’s inclusive and friendly team in Boston, Massachusetts. This full-time role offers a salary of up to $75K and excellent benefits.
As Grants Specialist and Budgeting, you will maintain financial management and oversee compliance for an assigned portfolio of grants and contracts. You will also set up and review new grant awards, grant amendments, and budget revisions in the GP2018 accounting system.
In your first few weeks in this grant accounting role, you can expect to:
- Document internal grant deadlines and implement a tracking system that ensures all deadlines are met
- Run and review monthly grant reports, analyze budget-to-actual variances, advise bureaus/programs of inconsistent spending trends and budget overages/shortfalls
- Assist Bureau Administrators (BAs) and Program Directors (PDs) with the preparation of grant and program budgets, budget amendments, and support the annual budget process
- Ensure that grant budgets are current, accurate, and properly maintained.
To apply for this grant accounting role, you will need a degree in accounting, business, economics, or a technical discipline and 1-2 years of grant accounting experience (or at least 4 years’ grant accounting-related experience in lieu of a degree). You will also require the following:
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with either Great Plains 2018 or Great Plains ReQlog, a plus
- Understanding of federal and state grant principles required, specifically 2 CFR and 2 CFR
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, with the ability to solve problems, think logically, take the initiative, and pay attention to detail.
If you’re looking to impact and create change positively, you will be rewarded with a salary of $75K and an excellent benefits package for your inclusive and committed approach.
Please reach out to our team today to apply for this full-time Grants Specialist position in Boston.
Founded in 1969, JOHNLEONARD, a woman-owned business, is the premier staffing choice in Boston and beyond. We provide Temporary/Contract, Direct Hire, Temp to Hire, and Payroll services as part of our comprehensive service offerings. We connect talent with opportunity, building relationships across the community to create better futures for all. In doing so, we live by our mantra; Actions Speak Louder Than Words™.