If you have excellent attention to detail and experience as a Law Clerk, JOHNLEONARD wants to hear from you. We are helping a successful firm in Boston find an organized and efficient Law Clerk to join their team full-time, earning a salary of $50K – $65K.
You will be responsible for serving and filing legal papers, performing data entry and research, managing records, and providing information and assistance to attorneys, legal assistants and support staff. The role requires flexibility to travel and adjust work hours as necessary to meet operating and business needs.
If you were already in this Legal Clerk role, here are some areas you might have been working in this week:
- Filing paper and electronic legal filings in state and federal courts
- Processing litigation case files using a file management system
- Updating litigation support databases and searching state and federal court dockets
- Obtaining copies of decisions/orders rendered by courts and documents previously filed in courts
- Providing administrative support to litigation-related practice areas
To apply for this Law Clerk position, you will need knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (such as Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems. You will also require a thorough knowledge of rules on service of process, court rules, procedures, and personnel. We are also looking for:
- Excellent research skills and proficiency in using various research tools, including the Internet, Westlaw, LexisNexis, PACER and other court-related websites
- Ability to obtain job-related certification, including driver’s license and notary public
- Close attention to detail and the to read, interpret, and/or follow instructions
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to navigate various electronic databases and manage multiple projects and shifting priorities
In return for your passion, collaborative approach and commitment, you will receive a generous salary and benefits package, joining a friendly and inclusive culture.
If this full-time Law Clerk job in Boston sounds right for you, please apply with our team at JOHNLEONARD today. We would like to hear from you.
Founded in 1969, JOHNLEONARD, a woman-owned business, is the premier staffing choice in Boston and beyond. We provide Temporary/Contract, Direct Hire, Temp to Hire, and Payroll services as part of our comprehensive service offerings. We connect talent with opportunity, building relationships across the community to create better futures for all. In doing so, we live by our mantra; Actions Speak Louder Than Words™.