If you have experience as a Legal Assistant in Litigation (mid-level) and are looking for your next career move in Boston, JOHNLEONARD wants to hear from you. We are recruiting a full-time Legal Assistant for a hybrid role in our client’s Boston office. The role offers a salary of $75K and a wide range of great benefits for your commitment.
As a Legal Assistant, you will handle tasks throughout all phases and aspects of Litigation work, while providing guidance to attorneys, other legal assistants, and professional staff. You will also assist with preparing and/or filing pleadings, court papers, etc.
Some of the day-to-day responsibilities you can expect to take on as a Litigation Legal Assistant include:
- Handling complex projects with limited supervision
- Assisting with the retrieval of rules, regulations, and company profiles
- Providing support throughout the discovery phases, including document review, production, and depositions
- Proofreading briefs, memoranda of law, opinions, and other documents
- Cite-checking legal documents, Shepardizing authorities, and verifying the accuracy of quoted material and cited exhibits
To apply for this Legal Assistant role, you will need a Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of experience in a legal assistant position or a position requiring similar skillset, expertise, and experience. You will also require the following:
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems quickly
- Working knowledge of federal and state court rules and procedures
- Ability to proficiently navigate various electronic databases and document management systems
- Fluency with court filings in both paper and electronic (e-filing formats)
- Excellent research skills and proficiency in using various research tools, including the Internet, Westlaw, LexisNexis, PACER, SEC/EDGAR, and other court-related websites
In return for your dedication, collaboration, and commitment, you’ll receive a generous salary of $75K and a compelling benefits package.
Please don’t hesitate to apply with our team at JOHNLEONARD today if this full-time Legal Assistant – Litigation job in Boston motivates and inspires you.
Founded in 1969, JOHNLEONARD, a woman-owned business, is the premier staffing choice in Boston and beyond. We provide Temporary/Contract, Direct Hire, Temp to Hire, and Payroll services as part of our comprehensive service offerings. We connect talent with opportunity, building relationships across the community to create better futures for all. In doing so, we live by our mantra; Actions Speak Louder Than Words™.