Do you have three years of paralegal experience, knowledge, and application of Federal, State, and Local Rules? JOHNLEONARD is working with an international law firm to find a full-time Litigation Paralegal for their team in Washington, D.C. The hybrid role comes with a salary of $70K-$90K and excellent benefits.
You will assist lawyers and non-attorney timekeepers with preparing complex legal documents, mid-level legal research activities, and other tasks related to one or more of the firm’s legal practice areas. Here are some of the things you could expect to do as a Litigation Paralegal:
- Generate revenue by meeting billable hours and other timekeeping expectations set forth by the firm and proactively secure billable work, which may require working across teams and offices
- Maintain a current and accurate daily time log
- Identify appropriate laws, judicial decisions, legal articles, and other materials relevant to assigned cases, business transactions, or regulatory matters
- Analyze and organize information and prepare written reports that lawyers use in determining how cases should be handled
- Assist with the preparation of legal documents in draft and final form
A minimum of three years of paralegal or related business experience is required to apply. The successful Litigation Paralegal will also have:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred. A paralegal certificate, National Association of Legal Assistants certification, or specialty certificate provided by the State is helpful
- Previous experience coordinating paralegal work or case clerk and intermediate knowledge and application of Federal, State, and Local Rules
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic technological and research skills necessary to pull requested documents from online resources, and familiarity with legal technology and computer databases
- Ability to train other paralegals, work efficiently and accurately under pressure, and present a positive, professional image with colleagues, professional staff, and vendors
If you’re looking to make a positive impact and create change, possessing an inclusive and committed approach, you’ll be rewarded with a salary of $70K-$90K and an attractive benefits package.
To learn more or apply for this hybrid full-time Litigation Paralegal job in Washington, please contact JOHNLEONARD today.
Founded in 1969, JOHNLEONARD, a woman-owned business, is the premier staffing choice in Boston and beyond. We provide Temporary/Contract, Direct Hire, Temp to Hire, and Payroll services as part of our comprehensive service offerings. We connect talent with opportunity, building relationships across the community to create better futures for all. In doing so, we live by our mantra; Actions Speak Louder Than Words™.
JOHNLEONARD is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. All applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.