JOHNLEONARD is looking for a full-time Program Officer for a nonprofit in Greater Boston to oversee their mental health portfolio and strategic development initiatives. The role offers a salary of $90K-$100K with an excellent benefits package. To apply for this role, you will be required to have a Master’s Degree, knowledge within the mental health and non-profit space is highly desired, 7+ years of project management experience, 5 years of experience in strategic development and planning for nonprofit organizations, superior research and writing skills, and exposure to budget and financial management.
This role is hybrid, generally meeting once a week in the office; however, candidates must be willing to do additional days during events and campaigns. Therefore, candidates must be located in Eastern Massachusetts in order to apply.
As a Program Officer, you will provide strategic guidance on how to leverage programs and initiatives best. You can expect to grow effective and efficient programming through forward-looking strategic development in multiple areas concerning social justice.
As a Program Officer, these are some tasks you will be responsible for:
- Provide strategic guidance on how to leverage programs and initiatives best
- Grow effective and efficient programming and initiatives and forward-looking strategic development
- Lead all educational outreach focused on the foundation’s initiatives
- Interact with the community and the broader field of inclusion in the nonprofit and for-profit sector
- Work together with the Director and Deputy Director to ensure ongoing progress and development of the mission to advance social justice
- Improve the nonprofit’s ability to engage stakeholders nationally and globally and lead efforts to grow a strategic local project portfolio
- Accomplish program objectives by selecting and overseeing consultants, community leaders, and other business professionals; communicating expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising on behalf of nonprofit
- Coordinate ongoing alignment of the nonprofit’s strategy
To apply for this Program Officer role, you will need a Master’s degree, and knowledge within the mental health and non-profit space is highly desired. Qualifications for this role include:
- 7+ years of project management experience
- 3+ years in staff management
- 5 years of experience in strategic development and planning for nonprofit organizations
- Superior research and writing skills
- Exposure to budget and financial management
- Demonstrated experience in working toward positive social change
If you are interested in this position, please get in touch with JOHNLEONARD today and apply for the full-time Program Officer – Mental Health role.
Founded in 1969, JOHNLEONARD, a woman-owned business, is the premier staffing choice in Boston and beyond. We provide Temporary/Contract, Direct Hire, Temp to Hire, and Payroll services as part of our comprehensive service offerings. We connect talent with opportunity, building relationships across the community to create better futures for all. In doing so, we live by our mantra; Actions Speak Louder Than Words™.
JOHNLEONARD is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. All applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.