JOHNLEONARD has an exciting opportunity for a Research and Reference Specialist to join our client’s welcoming team in Boston. This full-time role offers a salary of $97K-$100K and excellent benefits.
As a Research and Reference Specialist, you will provide research and reference assistance to attorneys in all practice areas in a timely and effective manner using various print and digital resources.
In this Research and Reference Specialist role, you can expect to:
- Provide research and reference assistance to support the functions of the various administrative departments of the firm, including but not limited to Client Development, New Business/Conflicts, secretarial, paralegal, and Managing Attorney Office
- Perform regular monitoring of news, dockets, legislative and regulatory changes, and other subject area monitoring as necessary. Assists in the preparation of related updates, newsletters, and other communications
- Maintain working knowledge of the library print collections, digital resources, interlibrary loan availability, document delivery, and other resources
- Show proficiency in primary database usage, search strategy and syntax, and licensing restrictions
- Work with Research & Reference Services Manager to support the maintenance of intranet reference collections by performing regular link checking and data collection/input to facilitate integration of subject-specific resources into larger firm portal
To apply for this role, you will need a working knowledge of print and digital legal and business resources and research techniques and the ability to work quickly and with great attention to detail. You will also require the following:
- MLS, MLIS, JD, or equivalent
- Three years of reference or research experience
- Experience using search tools like Westlaw, LexisNexis
- Experience in a large law firm or comparable environment preferred
As a vital member of the team and in return for your expertise, inclusive approach, and commitment, you’ll enjoy a salary of $97K-$100K and the chance to join a supportive and welcoming team.
If this full-time Research and Reference Specialist job in Boston motivates and inspires you, please contact JOHNLEONARD today.
Founded in 1969, JOHNLEONARD, a woman-owned business, is the premier staffing choice in Boston and beyond. We provide Temporary/Contract, Direct Hire, Temp to Hire, and Payroll services as part of our comprehensive service offerings. We connect talent with opportunity, building relationships across the community to create better futures for all. In doing so, we live by our mantra; Actions Speak Louder Than Words™.
JOHNLEONARD is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. All applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.