JOHNLEONARD has an exciting opportunity for a collaborative and experienced Temporary Attorney to join our client’s welcoming and welcoming team. This Temporary Attorney role is based in Cambridge, MA.
Working under the direct supervision and direction of the City Solicitor, you will assist the city solicitor in all duties as set forth in the Cambridge Municipal Code. You will conduct the prosecution and defense of civil litigation in state and federal court proceedings and administrative proceedings to which the City is a party and provide representation as to a broad variety of municipal issues.
In this Temporary Attorney, you can expect to:
- Conduct the prosecution and defense of civil litigation in state and federal court proceedings and administrative proceedings
- Provide representation as to a broad variety of municipal issues
- Draft legislation and a wide range of legal instruments and render advisory opinions to City officials, boards, and commissions
- Assist in logging complaints, delivering mail, and answering phones as needed
To apply, you must have a JD degree from an accredited law school, be a member of the Massachusetts Bar admitted to practice before state and federal courts, and have at least two years of experience practicing law. You’ll also require:
- Some experience in civil litigation, at least with discovery and pleadings (strongly preferred)
- Experience in municipal law and in employment, zoning, real estate, construction, contracts, personal injury, civil rights and/or environmental litigation (highly desirable
To apply for this inclusive and collaborative Temporary Attorney job in Cambridge, MA, please contact JOHNLEONARD today.
Founded in 1969, JOHNLEONARD, a woman-owned business, is the premier staffing choice in Boston and beyond. We provide Temporary/Contract, Direct Hire, Temp to Hire, and Payroll services as part of our comprehensive service offerings. We connect talent with opportunity, building relationships across the community to create better futures for all. In doing so, we live by our mantra; Actions Speak Louder Than Words™.
JOHNLEONARD is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. All applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.