JOHNLEONARD has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and collaborative Temporary Legal Assistant to join our client’s welcoming and friendly team. This Temporary Legal Assistant role is based in Cambridge, MA. You will join a diverse and inclusive workforce in return for your knowledge of court rules and procedures and experience.
As a Temporary Legal Assistant, you will work under the general supervision of the City Solicitor, Deputy and First Assistant City Solicitors, and Office Manager. You will assist the Office Manager in the daily operation of the office and work in a busy law office environment characterized by multiple work demands from department staff and other city employees, a great deal of customer interaction, and the demands of complex law practice.
To give you an idea of how this flexible Temporary Legal Assistant role would look and feel, here are some of the things you could expect to do:
- Answer phones and direct inquiries to appropriate departmental personnel, departments, or agencies
- Interface with members of the public visiting the office
- Deliver records and distribute legal pleadings, briefs, opinions, contracts, deeds, leases, ordinances, and legislation as requested
- Perform online searches and research in legal dockets and databases
- Types of general interoffice and outgoing correspondence
- Composes standardized correspondence and legal documents from generalized instructions
You will need a high school diploma or equivalency and minimum supervision to apply. You will also require the following:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook for Windows) and the ability to learn new software applications, including but not limited to claims, public records, and litigation management software
- Excellent secretarial, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Optical Character Recognition software that converts scanned images to electronically readable text and preserves the history of digital records searches
As a vital member of the team and in return for your expertise, inclusive approach, and commitment, our client will provide a favorable contract rate and the chance to join a passionate and welcoming team.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team today to apply and register your interest for this contract Temporary Legal Assistant position in Cambridge, MA.
Founded in 1969, JOHNLEONARD, a woman-owned business, is the premier staffing choice in Boston and beyond. We provide Temporary/Contract, Direct Hire, Temp to Hire, and Payroll services as part of our comprehensive service offerings. We connect talent with opportunity, building relationships across the community to create better futures for all. In doing so, we live by our mantra; Actions Speak Louder Than Words™.