JOHNLEONARD has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and collaborative Temporary Legal Assistant to join our client’s welcoming and friendly team. This role is based in Cambridge, MA, and starts ASAP for up to 8-12 weeks.
As a Temporary Legal Assistant, you will assist the company’s Office Manager in the daily operation of the office and assist with the daily operations. To give you an idea of how this Temporary Legal Assistant role would look and feel, here are some of the things you could expect to do:
- Answer telephones and direct inquiries to appropriate departmental personnel, departments, or agencies
- Interface with members of the public visiting the office
- Receive, record, and distribute daily mail, claims, and legal pleadings as necessary
- Perceive online searches and research in legal dockets and databases
- Perform general interoffice and outgoing correspondence
To apply, you will need 1-2 years of legal experience. Our client also requires:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook for Windows) and must be comfortable with and be able to learn new software applications, including but not limited to claims, public records, and litigation management software
- Strong secretarial, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Optical Character Recognition (“OCR”) software is highly desirable
- A high school diploma or equivalency and knowledge of court rules and procedures
To apply for this Temporary Legal Assistant job in Cambridge, MA, please contact JOHNLEONARD today.
Founded in 1969, JOHNLEONARD, a woman-owned business, is the premier staffing choice in Boston and beyond. We provide Temporary/Contract, Direct Hire, Temp-to-Hire, and Payroll services as part of our comprehensive service offerings. JOHNLEONARD is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. All applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.