JOHNLEONARD is helping a busy boutique estate planning law firm in Boston find a temporary Estate Planning Paralegal/Legal Assistant for their welcoming and friendly team. This contract role comes with a compelling hourly rate for your expertise.
As a Legal Assistant/Paralegal, you will assist attorneys in drafting estate planning documents, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care proxies, HIPAA releases, deeds, certificates, homesteads, etc. You can also expect to draft and file probate documents, trust administration documentation, and estate and gift tax returns.
If you were already in this Paralegal role, here are some areas you might have worked in this week:
- E-file real estate documents
- Assist attorneys with letters of instruction to retitle estate assets
- Prepare initial drafts of gift tax returns (Form 709) and estate tax returns (Form 706) as needed
- Schedule meetings with clients, webinars and seminars for attorneys, and manage calendars in Outlook
- Prepare other correspondence as requested by attorneys
The successful Legal Assistant applicant will need a comprehensive understanding of the estate planning and administration process and at least three years of experience as an Estate Planning Paralegal or Legal Assistant. You will also require:
- Good attention to detail and proficient proofreading skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Software knowledge
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat.
You’ll receive an excellent contract rate in return for your knowledge, expertise, and flexibility.
Please reach out to our team today to apply and register your interest in this Temporary Legal Assistant/Paralegal job in Boston. We’d love to help you get your next role and enable you to fulfill your professional ambitions.
Founded in 1969, JOHNLEONARD, a woman-owned business, is the premier staffing choice in Boston and beyond. We provide Temporary/Contract, Direct Hire, Temp-to-Hire, and Payroll services as part of our comprehensive service offerings. JOHNLEONARD is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. All applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.