If you’re a Paralegal with Real Estate experience seeking a contract role, JOHNLEONARD has an exciting opportunity for you. We are helping a law firm find a Temporary Real Estate Paralegal to join their progressive team in Barnstable, MA to assist their attorneys with sales, purchases, leases and foreclosures, and short sale transactions. This is a full-time, non-exempt position that comes with a generous salary.
As a Real Estate Paralegal, you will draft contracts and lease agreements, prepare addendums, and create closing documents. In some cases, you will prepare letters of intent of estoppel agreements or may have to file a title objection letter after a title search. You may also have to attend closings, meet with title and escrow officers, or meet with city planning office personnel clerks.
During your first few weeks in this Real Estate Paralegal role, you can expect to work on some of the following areas:
- Acting as a liaison between departments and communicating with clients, bank/mortgage company personnel, registry of deeds, and vendors via phone, written correspondence, and face to face
- Drafting and reviewing closing and lease agreement documents and preparing addendums, loan documents, and contracts
- Admin functions – copying, scanning, filing, opening, and closing files, boxing up files
- Tracking time and entering time to time and the billing system, running pro-formas, and editing bills for closings
- Working with accounting personnel to make sure all client expenses are entered and paid relating to closing documents
You will need one to two years of experience in a Real Estate Paralegal environment to apply, as well as a High School Education or an Associate’s Degree. Additional requirements include:
- Competency in time management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with Accounting Software (Advantage Law, Document Management) and Document Management (iManage
- Real Estate Software)
- Excellent organizational skills and verbal and written communication skills.Confidentiality and high integrity
In return for your passion, collaborative approach, and commitment, you will receive a generous contract day rate, joining a friendly and inclusive culture.
To learn more or to apply for this contract temporary Real Estate Paralegal job in Barnstable, please get in touch with JOHNLEONARD today. We’d like to help you get your next role and enable you to fulfill your professional ambitions.
Founded in 1969, JOHNLEONARD, a woman-owned business, is the premier staffing choice in Boston and beyond. We provide Temporary/Contract, Direct Hire, Temp to Hire, and Payroll services as part of our comprehensive service offerings. We connect talent with opportunity, building relationships across the community to create better futures for all. In doing so, we live by our mantra; Actions Speak Louder Than Words™.