Do you have three years of paralegal experience in estate and trust administration, and are you seeking a new job in Boston? JOHNLEONARD is helping a respected law firm find a Trusts and Estates Paralegal.
As a Trusts & Estates Paralegal, you will be responsible for assisting the attorneys in the Trusts and Estates Department with the smooth functioning of the Department. The Paralegal will draft and interpret legal documents and reports while maintaining positive contact with attorneys and staff and observing confidentiality of client and firm matters.
In this Trusts & Estates Paralegal role, you can expect to:
- Draft, read, and interpret legal documents, including wills, trusts, trustee appointments, trustee acceptances, and trustee resignations
- Prepare and file probate court documents, including inventories and formal accountings
- Prepare formal and informal summaries, accountings, and status reports for clients, beneficiaries, and attorneys
- Collect assets, value assets, transfer property to beneficiaries, and fund formula distributions to marital trusts, estate tax-exempt trusts
To apply for this Trusts & Estates Paralegal role, you will need knowledge of legal and financial principles normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent experience. You will also require the following:
- 3+ years of paralegal experience in estate and trust administration, preferably in a law firm, bank, or corporate trustee firm
- Experience with preparing Massachusetts and federal estate tax returns and fiduciary income tax returns for estates and trusts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, e-val, pro system fx, or similar tax preparation software
- Excellent project management skills
If this full-time Trusts & Estates Paralegal job in Boston motivates and inspires you, please contact JOHNLEONARD today. We’d love to help you get your next role.
Founded in 1969, JOHNLEONARD, a woman-owned business, is the premier staffing choice in Boston and beyond. We provide Temporary/Contract, Direct Hire, Temp to Hire, and Payroll services as part of our comprehensive service offerings. We connect talent with opportunity, building relationships across the community to create better futures for all. In doing so, we live by our mantra; Actions Speak Louder Than Words™.
JOHNLEONARD is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. All applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.